Newfriars College has adapted projects of work so that units that were done in college can now be completed at home. This is an example of a photography project.
Introduce the approach or activity
The learners on the Newfriars College Art and Design are completing a BTEC course. This requires the learner to prepare and present a Photography project and a ‘Photography Storyboard’. This activity has been adapted for the learners to complete at home using the photography equipment they have available to them including a mobile phone.
Resource developed for the following learner cohorts
The activity was developed for a group of learners (L1) completing a BTEC programme of study.
The project is adaptable.
Top tips and key considerations
- Individual learners may need additional discussion with their teacher to clarify the expectations of the activity.
- The reflection sheet is brief however the work and preparation required is evidenced in the recorded evidence.
- The learner cohort will need to share their final photographic work. This needs to be agreed by learners.
- If a learner has no access to any means of taking photos this needs to be taken into account. Can a one use disposable camera be dropped off at home/posted or an iPad loaned for example.
What resources are required?
- Reflection sheet
- Examples of Storyboards
- Access to means to take and edit photographs.
How will you capture evidence of learning?
- Learner reflective log.
- Photographic storyboard